LAZY : AN ADJECTIVE THAT FITS TO THE SKIN ?
🕑 5 minutes
THE ARTICLE IN BRIEF FOR THE READER IN A HURRY:
✔️ Don't wait until wrinkles are visible to start worrying about them. The first ones can start forming as early as age 25!
✔️ The quantity and quality of hyaluronic acid decreases with age in the skin, take care of it without waiting for your 60th birthday, thanks to our dedicated range that adapts to the products you are used to using.
✔️ To prevent your skin from resting while you maintain it, use adapted cosmetic care that will provide active ingredients externally but also stimulate the production of good molecules by your skin itself! This is particularly the case with our Hyaluronic Acid Booster Serum.
Have you ever wondered, when you apply your face cream, whether you're getting my skin so used to it that it becomes lazy?
A child who is given the solutions at the same time as the problem, does not look for the solutions by himself! What if our skin behaved like this child and stopped making efforts to regenerate itself?
So I should limit cosmetic care before a certain age so as not to make my skin lazy, not so sure... I'll explain everything.
NO ANTI-AGEING CARE BEFORE HAVING WRINKLES: REVELATION OR FALSE GOOD IDEA?
Imagine, it's spring, you're going to plant your cherry tomatoes for summer aperitifs, are you going to wait a month for the plants to be wilted and dehydrated before watering them? No, of course not, as a preventive measure, you will water them several times a week.
It works the same way for wrinkles. This is especially true since wrinkles can take up to a year to form, not a month or even a year, but up to a year...
If you see wrinkles appearing on your face around the age of 30, for example the famous marigold lines that cross our foreheads (1), this means that they began their formation process around the age of 25!
We are just entering adulthood but our skin is already starting to age, what an injustice! And without wishing to add to this, wrinkles are much more difficult to treat with cosmetic care when they are already visible or worse, deepened.
BARELY AN ADULT, ALREADY GETTING OLD!
One of the molecules responsible for the formation of wrinkles, especially dehydration lines, is the famous hyaluronic acid I mentioned in my previous article. As I revealed to you, its life span in our skin is very short, because it is destroyed and renewed every day (2). However, with age, this short cycle of degradation-synthesis runs out of steam and we produce less and less of it to a point that you surely can't imagine...
At the age of 70, we no longer have a drop of hyaluronic acid in our epidermis! Zero, nada! (3)
Then, in addition to this problem of quantity, there is a problem of quality. Not in the epidermis, you will say, as we no longer have any after 70 years, but in the dermis. Within this second layer of the skin, hyaluronic acid degrades and its ability to retain water also. The gel becomes liquid and less homogeneous, therefore much less effective to plump up the skin than the hyaluronic acid produced by a young skin!
ANTI-AGEING CARE TO ADOPT FROM A YOUNG AGE?
In view of all this data, anti-ageing care is therefore useful much earlier than you think. But don't panic, there is always a solution with Novexpert! With Novexpert's doctors and scientific team, we have developed a range of hyaluronic acid products for everyone, which can be adapted to the products you are used to using: micellar water, mist, moisturising cream, etc. So, from the age of 25 you can start gently to prevent the signs of ageing on your skin!
CAN OUR SKIN REALLY BECOME LAZY?
This is what happens in our body: when we are young, our body is in good shape, it is in a state of homeostasis, i.e. balance. Our cells produce most of the molecules we need.
However, as the body ages, its resources diminish and it struggles to maintain this balance. Homeostasis is then disturbed and the body no longer fulfils all its functions correctly. (4)
But you can intervene on this balance, especially at the skin level, and you have two options at your disposal:
- Either you only nourish your skin by the external contribution of active ingredients, it will then be filled for a time but also very tempted to stop working by itself! You therefore take the risk that it will take it easy while you strive to maintain it.
- Or you use adapted cosmetic care. What is behind this term "adapted"? It is a question of care products containing active ingredients that will stimulate our own cells to restart the machine and help our body maintain its balance. But as the system will never be 100% restarted, it is also necessary to provide active ingredients that will fill the gap.
ACTING FROM THE OUTSIDE AND THE INSIDE!
It is this second option that we implement at Novexpert: our cosmetic treatments provide an external supply of active ingredients and boost our own cells so that they produce the right molecules themselves.
Our Hyaluronic Acid Booster Serum is a very good example of a cosmetic treatment adapted to help your skin maintain its balance. It contains a complex sugar that boosts the production of hyaluronic acid by our cells but also pure hyaluronic acid to fill the gap. (5)
This way, your skin does not rest and continues to produce by itself!
I'm coming to the end of this article so if you had to remember only two aspects I advise you these:
- Don't wait until the first wrinkles appear to take care of your skin. Our Hyaluronic Acid Booster Serum is a great way to start treating dehydration lines.
- Choose adapted cosmetic care products (like those from Novexpert!) that support the production of good molecules by your skin itself, so there's no risk of it relying solely on what you give it!
IF YOUR SKIN IS NOT LAZY BUT YOU ARE: READ THIS!
If you only want to choose one product for your face so that you don't have to spend too much time looking after your skin, then choose a serum. It is THE most concentrated cosmetic treatment of active ingredients. Etymologically, it is inspired by the blood serum, like it, it is fluid, transparent and very concentrated. Its light, aqueous galenic form allows for rapid and deep penetration.
(1) Adler, Y. (2017). In my skin. Solar
(2) Pomarede, N. Hyaluronic acid. Ann. Dermatol. Venerol. 2008; 135
(3) Longas MO, Russell CS, He XY. Evidence for structural changes in dermatan sulfate and hyaluronic acid with aging. Carbohydr Res. 1987 Jan 15;159(1):127-36.
(4) Hartl, Ulrich F. Cellular Homeostasis and Aging. Annual Review of Biochemistry. 2016. 85 (1)
(5) Tests performed on a polysaccharide present in Novexpert's Hyaluronic Acid Booster Serum - Internal Document.